Try VA’s VistA CPRS software today!
You can download VA's award winning electronic health record software CPRS (Computerized Patient Record System) by following the instructions for installing the client software below.
- Download the latest version of CPRS today and get access to new features including graphing functionality
- Use the software as if you were a provider by entering orders, entering documentation, retrieving reports (and graphs) and viewing alerts and notifications that help with decision support
- Learn first hand how VA’s electronic health record system works
Make sure you have the most up-to-date version of CPRS. Note: New updated release is available 2/16/12. If you have installed a previous version of the CPRS Web Demo you can use the “Add or Remove Programs” option under “Control” Panel to uninstall it.
Contact Us to report any problems or ask any questions.
- Click to download the VA_CPRS_Demo.msi file (New version released February 2012-Cannot be installed on MAC OS)
- Run the file to install the executable and the shortcut on your desktop
- Double click on the VA CPRS Demo icon
This installs the CPRS Client executable, which connects to a VistA® System on the Internet. The user will automatically be logged on to the system randomly as one of 10 doctors. Select a patient and then explore VA's Computerized Patient Record System. The electronic signature code for each user is DOCTOR1.
NOTE: The VistA® account is refreshed nightly, so any changes made to the account during the day will be overwritten.