Bookmarks are an important navigational tool for all users. AT users rely on navigational tools, such as bookmarks, to jump within documents to specific sections. Bookmarks need to be placed in documents with 20 pages or more and need to closely follow the structure of the table of contents, if it exists. At the very least, bookmarks need to follow the order of the structured headings in the document.
Bookmarks can easily be added through the Bookmarks pane.
- Navigate to the page in which a bookmark needs to be placed.
- Highlight the text in the main document that is the desired bookmark.
- In the Bookmarks pane, on the Options menu, select New Bookmark.
- Verify that the highlighted text was added to the list of bookmarks.
- Ensure the order of the bookmarks in the list is the same order in which they appear throughout the document.